Tubal Ligation Reversal Testimonial Baby Club
from Richard M. Levin, M.D., PSC at 1-502-584-7787
Volume 76ed2: September 2008
Extra Edition 2

The testimonial below is an Extra Edition in a series of remarks from real people who found Dr. Richard Levin on the Internet and have had a tubal ligation reversal. Toni and William Karas of Deltona, Florida have been so kind to allow us to share their story with others who are thinking of having a tubal ligation reversal and they have consented to accept your email inquires at: tkaras1@cfl.rr.com. If you are interested in having this procedure performed then please visit our web site listed below by clicking on “Get Started . . . have a baby!”.
Toni and William, thanks for sharing your story with us!

Get Started . . . have a baby!
Join our Tubal Ligation Support Group
Case Facts: On 7/6/2001, Toni had a post-partum (after delivery), Pomeroy tubal ligation with removal of 1.4 cm of tube from the right side and 1.3 cm removed from the left side. 5 years later, on 10/30/2006 Dr. Levin performed a tubal reversal with resulting lengths of 5.5 cm on the right and 6.0 cm on the left.
Please enjoy Toni and William Karas's story in Toni's own words . . .
It never occurred to me that I would be writing a testimonial for anything in my life, I am very happy to be sitting here today to write my first and only. I was very young and naive when I had my first 2 children, they were out of wedlock, and to right the wrong I married the guy. Thought for sure it was the right thing to do, I was wrong and escaped the abuse as soon as I found a chance to run.
It was a while before I met my second husband, I thought for sure he was the one, again I was wrong. We had 2 children together, due to the problems in our marriage I decided to have a tubal ligation to guarantee no more children would be brought into our mess of a life. I was told it was a final decision, no way to turn the clock back and correct it if I changed my mind, which I was fine with. In 2004, I found myself in another failed marriage and it ended in divorce. I was done with marriage and having children, I figured I was cursed and that was that.
I didn't think I would ever be happy in a marriage, I never imagined meeting the man I was meant to be with for the rest of my life. In April 2006, I married my soul mate. This I believed with all my heart, and I still believe it today. In 2004 I met my husband, he was recently divorced and I was going through mine. We decided to take it slow, spend time together and see where it took us. Joey had no children and here he was dating a woman with four, I thought he was either crazy or totally sincere in everything he said and did. Well it's clear he is totally sincere and I thank God for that, as his sincerity led us on a journey of a lifetime.
I really thought there was no hope in Joey and I ever having children together, obviously as I had no way of getting pregnant. Just out of curiosity I started to search tubal reversals, who would have thought that I would find answers and doctors who actually put tubes back together. I spoke with my husband about this surgery and the information I had read online, I also spoke of the numerous doctors out there. In all the searches I did, Dr. Levin was my choice from the start, he ended up being my husband's choice too. I called the office to get more information and what it all entailed, with that in hand my husband and I made the decision to take a leap of faith and have Dr. Levin perform the reversal.
On October 31, 2006 we found ourselves in Kentucky and at the Jewish Hospital, me being prepped for a surgery that would changed Joey's and my life forever. I met with Dr. Levin before the surgery, (he is a very soft spoken man with wonderful bedside manners), he addressed all of mine and my husband's concerns and then it was time for me to go to sleep. When I awoke, there was minimal pain and I felt whole for the first time in years, I was so ready to try for a baby right away, but Dr. Levin has rules to follow and it is important to follow his orders.
I was sent back to the hotel for rest until I seen Dr. Levin the next morning. Dr. Levin visited us the next day in our hotel room, he checked my incision, spoke with us for a while, and said I was good to go home, home was in Virginia at that time. So, we packed up and drove home, with me sleeping most of the way. My husband and I waited for an eternity (so it seemed), reality is it was only 4-6 weeks, to start trying for our miracle baby. It was not so successful in the beginning, we did end up pregnant in January of 2007 but had a miscarriage.
Bound and determined we kept on trying with the support of Dr. Levin and his staff, we did all we could do to have a baby. In October 2007, I spoke with Dr. Levin about my concerns of not getting pregnant and he had me start tracking my cycle through Cycle Watch. We did this for a few weeks, Dr. Levin contacted me to let me know my menstrual cycle was irregular. So here is the problem, cycles not doing well and I may not be successful in giving my husband a baby of his own. Dr. Levin helped me through it and gave me hope, we decided to try a fertility drug called Clomid to help regulate my cycle, and with that I followed Dr. Levin's directions and prayed for a positive pregnancy test. November came and went, December was a long month and still no luck.
On New Years Eve my husband and I were going to celebrate with a few cocktails, but on a hunch I decided to take the only pregnancy test I had in my home. I went downstairs to share the news that I would be unable to celebrate New Years Eve with a cocktail, he was shocked that I did not want to have a drink with him, my husband was confused. I told him that it would not be healthy for our unborn child to have alcohol, well he was very shocked and thought I was pulling his leg, so I showed him the positive test. He was as happy as could be, oh boy here goes the phone calls, everyone knew in a matter of 3 days.
We were overwhelmed with excitement and worries, but that comes with pregnancies anyway. Dr. Levin had me do blood work once a week to make sure the HCG levels were rising, as that is what should happen with a viable pregnancy, and I had an ultrasound done to make sure all was well. I was released from Dr. Levin after about 3 weeks of the blood work, so now it was time to get an OB/GYN. I made an appointment immediately with an OB to make sure I got all the care I needed from the beginning. The care I received, up until we decided to move to Florida, was wonderful and the baby was doing great, very active my OB said in all my visits.
I have to say, this was the healthiest pregnancy I had ever had, the baby was doing well and growing at a good rate. This pregnancy was not only my healthiest, but I gained more weight than I ever thought I would, this weight was the normal range for a pregnant woman and the doctor I had was very happy with it.
On September 1, 2008 I gave birth to our daughter, Annalise Rose, she weighed 7 pounds and was 20 inches long. We got our miracle baby!!
Dr. Levin is not only a great doctor, but he was given a wonderful gift from God in helping couples to have children of their own.
*To Dr. Levin, you are a gift to us! I can never thank you enough for sharing your gift with us and making it possible to fulfill a dream of having a child together. Joey and I will never forget what you have done for us and for others, you are an Angel sent from Heaven!!*
Thank You from the bottom of our hearts; Joey, Toni, and Annalise Karas