Tubal Ligation Reversal Testimonial Baby Club
from Richard M. Levin, M.D., PSC at 1-502-584-7787
Volume 74ed6: July 2008
Extra Edition 6

The testimonial below is an Extra Edition in a series of remarks from real people who found Dr. Richard Levin on the Internet and have had a tubal ligation reversal. Michelle and Jeremy Stokes of Galesburg, Illinois have been so kind to allow us to share their story with others who are thinking of having a tubal ligation reversal and they have consented to accept your email inquires at: michelly0000@hotmail.com. If you are interested in having this procedure performed then please visit our web site listed below by clicking on “Get Started . . . have a baby!”.
Michelle and Jeremy, thanks for sharing your story with us!

Get Started . . . have a baby!
Join our Tubal Ligation Support Group
Case Facts: Michelle Stokes was sterilized in 1998 with a triple burn sterilization at the age of 25. She came to Dr. Levin for her reversal surgery in 2007. Dr. Levin removed some endometriosis prior to repairing her tubes. She had great lengths; 6.0 cm on the right and 6.5 cm on the left.
Please enjoy Michelle and Jeremy's story in Michelle's own words . . .
Our story is like many others that I have read. My husband and I both had 2 children from previous relationships, all boys. I had had a tubal ligation in 1998 after my youngest son was born and after his divorce he didn't want anymore children either. We met in 2003 and we fell in love almost immediately. At that time we were both alright with the idea of not having anymore children. But as time went on we thought of having a child together. We were married in 2005 almost 2 years after we met. I guess neither one of us had ever thought that we would love someone so much that we would want to have more children with them, but that is what happened.
So I started researching tubal reversals on the internet and one of the first names that came up was Dr. Levin's. He seemed to have the most experience and his follow up care seemed great too. His price was the best that we could see also. But we still had to wait to get the money together. It took about a year but we did. We scheduled our surgery for June 14, 2007. It was about a 5 hour drive for us to Kentucky but it went by so quick with all the excitement of what was to come. We checked into the hotel room and tried to relax for the next day but it was impossible. So we went for a swim in the pool. We didn't know it then but the other couple that were in the pool were there for the same reason. To see Dr. Levin.
The next morning we went to the hospital for my surgery. I was terribly nervous. Not about the surgery itself but whether it would be successful. After 2 years of dreaming about having a child together it all was coming down to this moment. But everyone was so nice there and put me at ease a little. Everything went fine. The next day Dr. Levin came to our hotel room and talked to us about the surgery. He said that my tubes were back together and he was fairly certain that they would work. But I had endometriosis. He removed what he saw but he was not sure how that would affect my chances of conceiving. So we went home with hope that it would all work out. We had to wait 6 weeks to try and in Oct. 2007 we found out we were pregnant ! We were all so excited.
The boys couldn't wait till we could find out if they would have a new brother or sister. When I was 15 weeks pregnant we had an amnio done mainly because I had just turned 35. A few days later they called with the preliminary results. All was good with the baby and I asked if they knew it was a boy or girl. The nurse said female. My husband and I about cried. We love the boys with all our hearts but the idea of having a daughter was so exciting. I was so excited that I wasn't quite sure if the nurse had said female or male. I thought about it all night long and in the morning I called the doctors office back to hear the results again. I explained that we have 4 boys at home and I wasn't sure if I heard what I wanted to hear or if she actually said female. I think the nurse died laughing as I asked her to please say boy or girl because they sound nothing alike ! And she said "you are having a girl".
The pregnancy went by well. My boys were 15 and 9 and his were 10 and 7. So I hadn't been pregnant for 9 years. It was a little different. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to watch my diet and check my blood sugars. I also had to go in twice a week to have Non-Stress tests. I was up in labor and delivery 2 times with contractions. At 33 weeks and 3 days my water broke and since I wasn't 34 weeks the doctors at my hospital didn't want to deliver me there because of the risks so I was life-flighted to a hospital 45 min. away. It was a scary time. The did a sonogram and estimated the baby at 5 lbs. 14 oz. So they had decided to deliver the baby at 34 weeks. I had 2 shots of steroids to help develop the lungs. 4 days after my water broke they delivered my baby by c-section. I had to have a c-section because the baby was breech.
It was the greatest thing to hear that baby cry. She weighed 5 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 in long. She was doing good but had to go to the level 2 nursery because she wasn't eating very well. But as soon as my milk came in and she was able to have breast milk she started eating well. I think she didn't like the nasty formula. I went home 1 week after I went in and she came home 4 days later when she was 1 week old. She is now 5 weeks old and is doing great ! She is now over 7 lbs. and growing.
Also the other couple that was there that day in the hotel were from a town only 45 min. from us. They had their baby just a month before us. Dr. Levin is wonderful. Our family is now complete. Our boys have given us such joy over the years but our little girl is precious.
Thank you to Dr. Levin and all his staff for making our dreams come true !
Sincerely, Michelle, Jeremy Stokes and Brothers - Ian, Cody, Jared, Cory and baby Hannah