Tubal Ligation Reversal Testimonial Baby Club
from Richard M. Levin, M.D., PSC at 1-502-584-7787
Volume 71: April 2008
The April Showers Edition

The testimonial below is the seventy-first in a series of remarks from real people who found Dr. Richard Levin on the Internet and have had a tubal ligation reversal. Susan and Lemuel Bremel of South St. Paul, Minnisota have been so kind to allow us to share their story with others who are thinking of having a tubal ligation reversal and they have consented to accept your email inquires at: susanbremel1976@yahoo.com. If you are interested in having this procedure performed then please visit our web site listed below by clicking on “Get Started . . . have a baby!”.
Susan and Lemuel, thanks for sharing your story with us!

Get Started . . . have a baby!
Join our Tubal Ligation Support Group
Case Facts: At the age of 23, Susan had a falope ring sterilization. At the age of 31, Dr. Levin performed a tubal reversal on Susan on April 16, 2007. The reversal went very well and she had 6.5 cm. on the right and 7 cm. on the left side.
Please enjoy Susan and Lemuel's story in Susan's own words . . .
After I had my third son in 1998 I went through a lot of trouble helping him gain weight. I decided that I was going to focus on the three children that I had and got my tubes tied in November 1999. I felt like I was done and that my future husband would need to understand that I didn't want anymore babies! Then I had a reunion with an old boyfriend from Jr. high school in 2001. We ended up getting married in 2002. He understood that I wasn't in the position to have any more children. He did support that for the first few months. Out of no where, while driving in the car, he announced that it would be nice if he had his own son and didn't have to share him. He exclaimed that he wanted a child to get close to and to be a dad to. After a lenghly discussion we both decided to investigate the difference between IVF and tubal reversal.
The first place we look was my OB doctor and the hospital he performed reversals out of. The cost was going to be over $20,000 with no guarantee of any success. Then I got a hold of Reproductive Medical Center where an IVF cycle cost $10,000 and gained the knowledge that it will probably take 3 cycles before a successful take. We also had a risk of a multiple pregnancy and this was something to consider.
Out of frustration I went on line and googled “tubal reversal” and out of several listings, Dr. Levin was at the top. I clicked on his name and gathered a lot of information. I passed it on to my husband. We came to the conclusion that it would be nice to take it one baby at a time and that Dr. Levin is the most suitable doctor to perform the tubal reversal. I made the call and the appointment was made for April 16th 2007. We drove from Northern Minnesota to Louisville KY in about 15 hours in a big blue 4x4 pick-up truck. We checked into the hotel at roughly 1:00 AM and woke for the surgery a couple of hours later. I changed and weighed in. I met Dr. Levin shortly before the proceedure and with his reassurance I felt great about my decision to go with him!
After the surgery my husband and I went back to the hotel where Dr. Levin met up with us again. He said that the surgery went well and gave us discharge instructions. By September 27th 2007 I found out that I was due May 31st 2008. Since I'm high risk and RH negative I was referred to a perinatologist. In January I found out that I was having another son. In my 23rd and 24th week I started to bleed a little but the bleeding stopped. On March 18th, during a routine OB visit, I took an fFN test (a test to determine a protein given off within 2 weeks from delivery) and the test came back positive. That night I was given a shot. The following night I received the second shot and an hour later my water broke. I spent the following 9 days in the hospital until my son was born on March 28th 2008. He was 9 weeks preterm and is residing at a local NICU. He weighed 3 pounds 1/2 ounce and 15 1/2 inches long. We named him Collin Robert. Today he's over 16 1/2 inches long and weighs 3 pounds 14 ounces. Just two days ago he was weened from the incubator to a crib. Now he's working on growing and feeding with my breast. Shortly the nurses will introduce the bottle and as soon as he's eating without the tube, we'll remove it and he'll be able to come home.
Thank you, Dr. Levin, for everything!
Susan and Lee Bremel